The role will involve leading the team of field service engineers in the repair, maintenance, calibration, and final test of scientific instruments in laboratories within the pharmaceutical, biomedical, food, beverage, environmental and industrial industries around the UK.

75% of this role will be field based, largely involve the maintenance of analytical instrumentation including HPLC, GC, GCMS and LC, as required. The other 25% will be in the companies head office in Bedfordshire, meetings and liaising with the Service Manager and other engineers.

Key skills required:

  • HNC or equivalent qualification of electro/mechanical engineering,
  • Experience servicing OEM’s HPLC, GC, GCMS and LC.
  • Experience in maintenance and servicing of chromatography instrumentation.
  • Team leadership skills.
  • Good problem-solving skills.
  • Professional and competent manner.
  • Strong communication skills.
  • High level of self-motivation.
  • A willingness to travel to various locations and meet customers on a day to day basis.
  • Full and valid UK driving licence.


Candidates should provide a high level of customer service and use the skills they have acquired to workout faults and fix them efficiently. Salary is negotiable depending on experience, plus a OTC bonus and an attractive pension. We recommend that the candidate be within an hour drive of the headquarters in Bedfordshire.

Candidates must be available to attend an interview at LC Services Ltd, Bedford.



Stay up to date with us by following us on twitter; @LC_Services_Ltd or Facebook; LC Services Ltd.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.